Monday, June 30, 2008

The joys of creating!

So about two months ago the art bug bit me. Mako, one of the members of Trash Box Jam, the band I listen to, also writes solo songs. He's an amazing song writer too. Once I've translated the songs, and he's explained them to me, I can usually get a really clear visual image of his songs. He just wrote a new song, and the image was so strong and beautiful, that I broke down and bought some art supplies. It's been a really long time since I've been able to draw a picture on this scale. (it's really quite big.) So this is the picture, in pastel, of Mako's new song. The title of the picture is "Shadow of a prayer - the last dream of Hope." Sorry, I don't think I'd be able to explain the song very well. But enjoy the pictures of my latest art project!

The thing I really like about art is when you start with a completely white sheet of paper, and in the end, you have something beautiful. I love the whole process. And the satisfaction I get, kinda gives me a glimpse of what God might have felt when he was creating the world and such. It's a wonderful blessing from God! I'm really happy to be able to share this with God.

Anyway, this weekend I gave the finished picture to Mako. I'll miss it though. Haha





No comments: