Monday, June 06, 2011

Drugs or Jesus

After a long day "off" (spent calling three numbers and talking to a variety of people in Japanese and English to get our wireless finally set up, and doing my laundry which had reached the status of a small mountain thanks to rainy days...) I spent some time tonight re-visiting some of the songs I grew up with, the country songs that speak to what's simple in life. Not all of them do I agree with, but they all present an aspect of humanity that I identify with as "home."

Tonight a feeling of melancholy has come to remind me how far I am from Home. Not just the home I grew up with, the country values, the working men and the boots... But also the Home yet to come, the one waiting for me...

Anyway, I stumbled across this song, and it sums up what I'm feeling tonight. This was the first time I saw it, but it's really true.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Hi Amber, I came across your blog by chance and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your honesty and depth... I learn so much by reading your words and often you put into words what I have felt but can't articulate as well as you do! God Bless and I'll continue to read! x