Thursday, June 22, 2006

of random thoughts while at work...

So my student just called and canceled, so I have like an hour of free time before my last class of the day. Thursdays, I have the most classes, 6 plus a Bible study. But four of them are only one student in each class. Fun stuff.

Anyway, so I`m at the church computer typing, because I just felt the urge to blog. Don`t know why. But Japanese keyboards are a little different from American ones, and so it`s a bit annoying to type on this keyboard. And, all the tabs and everything on my screen are in Japanese right now. Good thing I pretty much know what all the tabs do, or I would be really confused right now.

Random thought of the day: it`s easy to get nori (aka, seaweed) stuck in your teeth. I wonder why it`s always green things that stick in your teeth...

So tonight is the big soccer game against Brazil. It`s gonna be at 4AM. There is no way I`m going to watch that. I`ll just wake up in the morning and check the net to see how much Japan lost by. Oops, I`m not supposed to say that! ;-) I want Japan to win, but honestly, I don`t think it`s going to happen. After all, Brazil is Brazil, and hard enought to beat as it is. But Japan hasn`t won any games yet, so it`s even harder (have they even scored any goals? I don`t think they have...) They have to win the game by two goals in order to advance. Sad for Japan. If only they had scored against Croatia...

This month looks to be busy. Which means I`m REALLLY going to have to watch my money this month. I guess I really need to improve my eating habits and spend less on food I don`t need, so I can save money to do all the things that need to be done this month. I`m meeting several people (always invovles going out and spending money) and going to a couple of meetings (transportation) and the band has a concert next Saturday. I wanted to buy some new CD`s from them too, but it looks like that will have to wait another month. I really don`t like only being paid once a month. Oh well. Can`t be helped.
I`m also waiting for the exchange rate to go down so I can send some money home. This is a really bad time to send money to the States. I always end up loosing like $50-60 in the process. It`s annoying.

Hmmm.... what else? I can`t really think of anything else that is remotely interesting to say (not that anything else here is interesting). Well, other than my cooking Party is Saturday. Not so many people are coming, but there might be around 10 who show up. So, not so bad. Hopefully it will go well.

Well, OK, I think that`s about all for now. I`m going back to paying minesweeper...

PS. Oddly enough, the Japanese version of Blogger doesn`t have a spell check function. Guess it`s because words are auto finished on Japanese computers. So, forgive the spelling errors. No spell check.

No comments: