Monday, June 19, 2006

of return of the blog...

Wow, I've been gone from here for a while. Yeah, I'm a big looser. But what else is new?

Anyway, I could spend like a hundred pages and update everything that's happened since I have returned to Japan, but that would be boring and I don't have the patience for it. So, I guess you luck on sharing that experience with me. :-P

Anyway, it's been raining a lot lately. It rained virtually all of May (which is supposed to have fine and sunny weather) and now we have officially entered rainy season. Yuck! I'm not a fan of rain.

Anyway, teaching's still going fine. Don't have a lot of complaints, but I am getting lazy. I should be a better teacher....

And I'm studying for this Japanese Language proficiency test. It's a pain, but I want to improve my Japanese. Sometimes I feel like it's a waste of time though. Oh well. We'll see what the future holds.

So last night I experienced a bit of the Japanese love of soccer. I went with some friends to watch the World Cup game at a sports cafe. One of our friends had connections and managed to get us in for free. I'm not sure if other people were paying to get in or not. Anyway, the place was PACKED! It was like rush hour on the train, barely standing room. And we had the misfortune of standing right in front of the bathrooms. So we were jostled quite a bit. It thinned out after the second half though.

Anyway, Japanese's people are totally into the World Cup. They were all dressed up, had faces painted and were doing cheers and stuff in the cafe. It was quite the experience. Of course, I would like to see Japan win a game or two, but, like most Americans, I really don't care who wins the World Cup. But experiencing watching the game with the fans was fun. Of course, things like sports are much more fun when done with other people. Fascinating experience.

Next weekend I will have a "Cooking Party." This will be the English event of the Month. Basically, I will teach everyone who comes how to cook an "American Meal." We'll cook it together and then eat the results together. It should be fun, but I'm not sure about teaching a bunch of people how to cook. Hopefully it will go well. The menu will be Chicken Strips, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, and my special "Broccoli Slime."

Good news is, I continue to loose weight. Not fast or anything, but it's gradual. Thanks to all the walking I do, and the healthier Japanese food. I'm still much larger than I want to be, but I guess this is the best way to loose weight. I'm just worried about what's going to happen when my clothes don't fit me anymore. LOL.

I doubt anyone reads this anymore, other than Marlo, but hey. I've now done my civic duty, or perhaps disservice, and have updated my blog. Post 101! Yeah, I'm cool. Like melted ice...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone should be reading your blog! You are a wonderful person!Grrrr! I wish I could have some of that slime!!! YOUR family is the reason I now eat brocolli! I wouldn't touch it before I had it at your house! It was delicious!!!! Love You! ummmm....whoopsies! Sorry I've been so free with the exclamation points hehehe!!!!! Perhaps you should chop off my finger!

Vivacious said...

Mwahaha, it's Sara, the girl who has been bugging you with mission questions! :D Just wanted to say I have been studying for the Japanese language proficiency test as well. Good luck! :D *off to read your newer posts*

Vivacious said...

Mwahaha, it's Sara, the girl who has been bugging you with mission questions! :D Just wanted to say I have been studying for the Japanese language proficiency test as well. Good luck! :D *off to read your newer posts*