Friday, March 24, 2006

of going back in time...

So, I'm in America now. Time is all messed up for me but I know I traveled a long time, but I ended up repeating today. It's cool, but I'll loose a whole day going back. I know in the long run it doesn't make a difference, but I don't know, it's still kinda sad.

Anyway, its my 100th post. I'd have a party, but the people who plan the parties for me are in Japan... ;-)

So I left my house somewhere around 8AM. I managed to get to the airport with little trouble, and I even had several helpful people help me manage my bags and the stairs.

I flew business class home from Japan. Wow, that was different. They hung up my coat for me and everything. I can't imagine what first class is like!

And on the way to Midland, I sat next to this Japanese guy who was also going to Midland. How weird is that? He was on the same flight from Tokyo, but we didn't see each other on the bigger plane. Anyway, turns out he and his family is Christian. We had a nice little chat.

Ummm... Lets see... Well, there are already things that I'm finding weird about America. Like how employees act. I mean, they talk to each other right in front of customers etc. It's WAY more relaxed than in Japan. And cell phones in America are so loud! And people who talk on phones are loud. I wonder if I used to be like that too... Plus it's a bit strange to be able to understand all the conversations going on around me. I was kinda used to living in my own little world there for a while. Oh well.

We did some shopping already today. Got new sneakers and a cute pair of shoes that I should be able to walk in.

Also I got to meet the new dog. She's totally tiny and really strange looking. She's a cross between a poodle and a chuiawa. She looks like some sort of wire terrier with a bad hair day. She's a crazy little thing. At first she didn't know what to do with me, but apparently I've been accepted already, because now she's sitting on the back of my neck while I sit at the computer (apparently this is a favorite place when my dad's at the computer).

My dog got so fat! It's crazy! I haven't seen her so much because the big dogs can't be in the same room with the little one.

Starting Sunday, we are going to go visit relatives. It'll probably take about a week.

It was funny, apparently my whole family was really anxious about when I was coming home. My uncle, who helped get my plane ticket, was tracking my every move. When I boarded the flight in Tokyo, he called my parents. When I landed in Dallas, my parents were called. And other relatives were being called too. There was this whole chain going. Made me feel kinda like when they "track Santa" on TV at Christmas time.

Anyway, it's good to be home. I'm gonna need some good sleep soon. But it's cold here! I was hoping to escape from the cold and brought it with me. OH well. It should warm up soon.

100 posts! Horray!

1 comment:

N0XLT said...

Hey Amber, remember me? I was in Omiya for a couple days last July.

I've been following your blogger ever since I found out you had one, and reading it makes me feel almost like I am back in Omiya. I know, I only spent a couple days there last summer, but everyone was so friendly and made me feel so welcome! I can completely relate to your comments in your last few posts! Oh, and congrats on hitting 100 posts!

In any case, I'm glad to hear that you made it home alright, and I hope you enjoy your time off!

Say HI to everyone for me!

Warren