Saturday, March 11, 2006

of the Livehouse...

So Friday night I went to see the band perform live at a "livehouse." I'm not sure if this term is used in America or not. It sounds like Japanese English to me. But that's neither here nor there.

So the band, or rather, Sing and Mako, are actually in two different bands. When Sing and Mako play alone, that's called Trash Box Jam, but when they play with two other people, (the lead singer being female) that is called Annie's Garden. Anyway, so I went to see Annie's Garden play live on Friday.

I was a bit late because I went directly after work, but I think I managed to catch most of the show. It was an interesting experience. I have never been to a live house before, so it was new for me. I got to see some people I hadn't seen in a while though, so that was good.

But what really makes me happy, is that the more often I go, the more people talk to me. Or rather, the more the non-English speakers talk to me in Japanese. It's cool, and I feel very accepted and included in most things. I still can't interact so much, but I just kinda observe from the shadows and occasionally join in when I can understand what's going on. But it's cool because I think my listening skills have improved recently. I find I can understand more and more of what is happening. Well, until they start talking to me. Then some of the conversations they try to have with me are far beyond my vocabulary and grammar abilities.

Anyway, I think I will try again for footsaru this Wed. I'm looking forward to that.

But lately I have been tired. I don't remember if I've written this before, but I'll talk about it again. In school, we were told to always value our day off, and don't ever schedule anything on that day. It's really important to have a day off. Well, for the past 6 months, I have been having Japanese lessons on my day off. I thought this was the best solution, and really, I don't regret it so much, but I'm definitely feeling the stress of it. Because I often have things on Saturday and always on Sunday, I don't really get rest days. So my days of rest have been few and far between lately. So it's about the end of the semester, and I just feel myself running down. I'm ready for a rest. I hope my trip home is restful. It's not because my work is hard or anything, but it's just because I'm always going. I need the down time. So I'm going to make it a priority starting in April to not have anything planned for my days off. Thankfully, I'll be able to change the days of my Japanese lessons. But I'll also be reducing how many lessons I have, for financial reasons.

Anyway, today was another busy day. I met for prayer meeting, but I was late leaving it. Then I went shopping with Tami for new clothes for her. It was good, and she found a lot of good deals. (most of the clothes she bought was equal to 99 cents) We got her almost a whole new wardrobe for under 20 bucks. But then we were a bit late for Music Box (a ministry in a nearby area). Then we went out for dinner (I hadn't really eaten so much today, I left my house at 8:30 or so after oversleeping). And I got home around 11 pm. So it's been along day. Not bad, but long, so I'm still tired.

Anyway, I've noticed I'm really rambling. So since I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say anymore, I'm going to start the going to bed process. Oyasumi nassai (good night)!

No comments: