Wednesday, March 22, 2006

of vacation, weekends and procrastination...

Well, things have been crazy lately. I have a home party tonight, I should be finishing packing and cleaning, but I've hit my limit for now, so it's off to procrastination land, aka, blogger.

Lets see... The last week of classes went well. I got lots of good, free food. My Friday night class even bought presents for my parents. They are so nice. The Narnia party also went well. We had 17 people go to see the movie, 10 of them children. It was good, and lots of people said they were "moved." This seems to be a common Japanese expression though, so I'm not sure how "moving" it really was. It's possible Japanese people are just easily moved. Or maybe I'm not.

My Bible Study went really well too. We had a bit of a party and still did the study. We went really late, mainly because they just wanted to hang out and talk. I didn't have anything pressing to do after, so we they stayed until around 5pm. (Bible class starts at 1) It was cool. We had good discussion, and we are now halfway through the 10 Commandments.

But the really exciting stuff for me is still hanging out with the Band. Sunday night I had a really good discussion with everyone. I was able to talk some about my faith in God, and ask them what was the most important thing to them. I also was able to feel out where Sing stands on stuff. There's hope because he believes there is A God, but he doesn't know who He is. Now all that needs to happen is for God to reveal Himself to Sing. I'm really hoping that God moves among these people. I pray for them everynight. They have been such an amazing blessing to me. And the cool thing is seeing how many Christian traits they already have. In fact, I would say these people are "better Christians" than some of the so called Christians in America. I just really want them to see the Truth and become bright lights in Japan to others. Anyway, I got to see them Saturday, Sunday AND Tuesday because it was a holiday. And I'm having a party for them tonight at my house. I'm expecting somewhere between 10 and 15 people to come. It's gonna be crazy.

Speaking of the party, this has to be the craziest party I've ever given. Well, not that I've given so many parties in my life, but still. So I told them like a month ago that I wanted to have another party before I went to America. So I told them the free days and asked them which day was best. Well, after that, they just kinda took over. They told me what day, what time, what kind of food and everything. Well, it's going to be a Japanese food party, and I don't know what to buy or how to cook it or anything, so some of us are going to meet early and go shopping together to get the food. So in essence, they are doing all the work, and I'm just providing the place. It's crazy. But it's going to be fun I think. I can't wait. And Mako should come this time. He says he really likes America and he wants some food that I cooked. So per Mako's request, we will have Japanese food, plus mashed potatoes and gravy. Strange, but whatever makes people happy.

Mako also wants me to take lots of pictures while I'm in America. He told me to take 1000, but I don't think that'll happen. Japanese people are crazy picture takers. They just go nuts when they travel, taking pictures all the time. They take pictures of the food they eat too. They told me I should do the same thing, but somehow, I don't think that would go over well in America. I can imagine the looks now. "Wait, I need a picture of the Mac and Cheese!" LOL. But I will need to take lots of pictures.

Ok, I have three hours left to finish everything before it's time to start the party. I'm thinking I'll be ok. I wanted to have my bedroom cleaned so we would have more space, but I don't think that's going to happen. Oh well. As long as the main room and kitchen are done it'll be fine.

I can hardly believe that tomorrow I'm going to be on a plane home. It still hasn't really hit me yet. Crazy. This will be my first time to fly internationally by myself. I hope everything goes OK. I'm sure I'll be fine, but it's a little intimidating.

Anyway, this is probably good for now. I'll probably write again tonight after the party to say how it went.

This is post 98...

No comments: