Friday, January 19, 2007

Ahhh, what an exciting week! :-D



So this week has been a good week. God has been really amazing! You just don't understand how great it is.

So this week, God provided for me financially, (way more than I expected) and emotionally, and well, it gets hard to count the ways. LOL.

Let's see. The interview went well. I still haven't heard back from the company yet, but I feel very confident in God's Will. This doesn't mean I'm confident I'll get THAT job. I'm just confident I will have A job. I hope that makes sense.

I've been pretty busy this week. Several meetings and such. Normal classes. And today, I went shopping! My bike was fixed by one of my students this week, so I gave it a test run this morning. I went shopping. (a different student gave me a present of traditional New Year's money, because she said I was like her "American Daughter". I didn't have the heart to refuse her.)

The really exciting news is that since coming to Japan I have lost a lot of weight. So many of my clothes are way too big for me now. Well, I wanted a few more sweaters so I could layer better in the cold. It turns out, I can wear Men's XL size clothes now. I went to this shop that is really cheap and bought some great sweaters today. And the wonderful thing about Japan? Men's clothes often look like women's clothes. So, no one can tell I'm wearing men's clothes. It's wonderful.

I bought 6 new pieces of clothing today for less than $50. That's an amazing deal anywhere!

So yeah, that's the exciting news. I'll be busy for the next couple of days as well. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new prayer meeting, which I am really exited about. Then I'll get to hang out with some friends for the rest of the day. Sunday is the normal church, Bible Study then go out routine. The Monday I get to meet a friend, then I get to go to Kabuki. Horray for Kabuki. (traditional Japanese Theater. All the actors are male. It's really great, and they will have English headphones we can rent for translation.) Looks like it's going to be an exciting weekend!

And finally, these are just some random pictures. The first two were taken on my cell phone and are fairly recent. The last two are pretty old.

No comments: