Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Travel Day.

So yeah, today I leave for America. In about 3 and 1/2 hours I'll start the process. I'll be travelling about a total of 17 hours with buses and trains and cars and planes. One of my students is going to pick me up today to take me to the bus. She's really really nice. And she's going to pick me up when I get home too.

Anyway. The time has been so full that I haven't even had time to think about this trip home, much less prepare for it. But now that the day is here, I'm thinking of what a good thing it is.

I really love living in Japan. And I'm really glad I'm staying for another year. But, sometimes you just need a break. You need to remove yourself from the situation, recover, process and rest before you go back. I think this is what needs to happen.

I knew I was tired, but I didn't realize until recently exactly how tired I am. I'm physically, mentally and spiritually exhausted.

So, this is not anything negative. (Don't freak out Marlo) It's just the reality of living in a country like Japan as a Christian.

Anyway, I hope that I can write some more in America. Probably without pictures.

That's all for now.

Next stop, America.

No comments: