Friday, March 09, 2007

update...


So I haven't been writing too much lately. It's been difficult to find the energy to write. When I'm not busy, I have no energy at all. Anyway, here are some recent pictures from the band. Yeah, that's pretty much my entire life. Well, not really. I do do a lot of work for VYM and my church. But I don't really take pictures of a lot of those things.

But next year looks like it's going to be exciting. It looks like I'll get to do some fun events and stuff. But next year can also be hard. There will be a lot more work for me next year too. (oh yeah, Japanese school years start in April. So next week is my last week of classes. There is a short Spring Break, and then you move up a grade in April. This is also the time of year when many people start new jobs. It's also when the cherry blossoms bloom, so it's really symbolic of the fleeting beauty of life/youth etc.)

Anyway, in other news, I'll be flying back to Texas at the end of March. I'll spend two weeks with my family, probably running around all over Texas. I'll need to get a haircut, and buy some new clothes. I've lost weight, and a lot of my shirts and stuff are really big and don't look so nice anymore. Also, most of my jeans no longer stay up. It's really annoying to have my pants falling down all the time. I'll probably also have to pick up a pair of shoes. Some of this stuff I could do in Japan, but it's really expensive and it's hard to shop in a foreign language all the time. Like, I totally don't know the vocabulary for getting a hair cut. How do I even explain what I want? I definitely don't want a Japanese style hair cut. They usually don't have so much experience cutting foreign hair either.


Speaking of hair, mine has gone curly again. Horray! Spring is here, so now my hair once again has definite curls. Now if you don't know, I grew up with my hair totally straight. It wouldn't hold curls even when we tried. They always fell out. But now it's curling naturally! Very exciting. I'm going to get a layered cut so that it curls better.

I'm glad I'll be able to go home during Spring Break, but at the same time I'm kinda sad. I fee like I'll be missing out on a lot of the things that are happening here.

The Band will be having their first live house performance, and I'll have to miss it. I'm really really bummed about that. Funny story with the band though. I tried to tell one of the girls that I was visiting America for two weeks. She misunderstood me and thought that I was leaving for America in two weeks and was never coming back. She just started crying and it was all I could do to try to explain what was happening. (this is what comes from not being able to speak a language well...) Finally I had to get another girl who is fluent in English to explain it to her. Poor girl!

There's a lot more going on, but most of it is really complicated and hard to explain. Recently I've been learning more about prayer. We meet every week for a Prayer Meeting, and it's really good right now. I've also been learning about fasting, and prayer walking. Very interesting stuff.

My friend did come over on Monday and helped me clean. We got a lot done, but it's not finished yet. I don't know if I will have time to finish before I leave for America though. My schedule looks like it is filling up fast. But the good news is that from April the schedule slows down a bit. Fall/winter is always the busiest time here. We re-arranged the house a bit. It's nice.

Ok, I think that's about all that's interesting. And I have to go get ready for work and all that fun stuff now. I'll try to be more regular about posting.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I am really behind in reading your blog...some good nights with a warm drink, in front of the computer...catching up on the life of amber. So you mention prayer meetings, fasting, and prayer walks...all major emphasis at my church here in olympia, right now. Well, God bless and take care.