Sunday, November 21, 2004

of creative juices

Today has been a creatively exciting day. I engage in this wonderful activity called role play. I role play online with several friends. This boils down to, we write a story together, each person from his or her character's point of view. This is fun and exciting. Several of the people I write with are awesome. (I know so many talented people) So today, we were online at the same time for a short period of time. (we were in three different countries, so this is an amazing coincidence) This was so cool. I was able to meet with my co-collaborator for a while and work out wonderful and devious plot lines. I think we are also going to start the ball rolling on writing novels together. Anyway, this was wonderful because it is one of the best things in the world, being able to brainstorm with someone. I get so excited when I find people I can click with. The creative synergy is amazing! I feel far more capable of writing a good story when I am working with another creative person. Plus, you feel like a part of something bigger. Yes, it is wonderful. Yes, I know, I am far too excited about this, but I suppose I am easily excitable. :-)

Also, at church today we had Coffee House. This is an English event designed to get the English students connected with the church. This is my second Coffee House at this church. It's fun because I am starting to get to know the people. They like it because I am still new and exciting. We had a wonderful time playing Uno. I think I might have a little "clique" started, since a lot were the same people I played with last time. But I think that's ok. In a larger group, its good to break down into smaller ones. It was lots of fun. Also, I gained a new unofficial language partner. I am excited.

And the Random Thought of the Day:
Sermons seem much longer when you don't understand what's being said.

No comments: