Thursday, January 05, 2006

of my first ever dinner party...

Well, I have just concluded my first ever dinner party. I invited the band and the groupies to come to my house and I fixed them some American Food. (Chicken strips, gravy, mashed potatoes and our family recipe - "slime") It went pretty well. They managed to find my house without too much difficulty. There were a grand total of 11 people who came. The gravy was a big hit. Although I don't know why, but Japanese people keep wanting to call it "white sauce" or "gravy sauce" or something sauce. Oh well. It was really interesting and fun. Sing came, but Mako didn't. But many of my English speaking friends came, and one girl whose name I don't know came. Lets see.

Well, the interesting thing is Sing. He knows I'm Christian and how important it is to me. Apparently he went to a Protestant University and knows a little about Christianity. So it's funny, because tonight he insisted I pray twice. So I taught everyone the common table prayer in English and we said it together. Later, I took everyone to look at the church, and before we left, he had everyone stop and had me pray in English. I was caught off guard, but I did it. It's strange. I don't know if he thinks its a game or not. Japanese people aren't so serious about religion most of the time. Anyway, it's interesting. Esp because of how everyone just does what Sing says. I'm not sure if it's because they are Japanese, or because they just listen to him. But he does seem to be a natural leader, or potential tyrant/dictator.

Then we came back to my house and we played games. I taught them how to play Skipbo and it made me miss Marlo. I remember playing Skipbo with her at her house with her mom and Kay (and Zoomer under the table). All in all, I think it was a pretty good party. Everyone seemed to have fun. It's good that they are able to amuse themselves since I was still cooking for like an hour. Kumi helped me cook and that was nice. Then she and Jun also did all my dishes for me! Wow. That was super nice, esp considering how much I hate dishes. Of course I had already washed all the dishes once today. LOL.

Anyway, I'm happy. My house (well everything but my bed room) looks nice, and everyone was really kind and seemed to have a good time. Sometimes it's hard to tell with Japanese people, because they are polite so much, but they seemed to have a good time (otherwise I don't think 11 of them would have come... I think...). It worked out well, for such a last minute decision. Thanks God! It was a good idea and good timing.

I really love my life here right now. It almost feels like nothing could go wrong. I know this won't last forever, but if I could spend the rest of my life this happy, it would be nice... Of course, I can imagine being just a little bit happier... I hope one day to be able to share my happiness with someone... But for now, I'll leave the arrangements to God. I think He has a better idea than I do about these things.

Anywho, I'm super tired now. I think I'm gonna have to crash. I did quite a bit of work today, I'm surprised. Time to sleep. Goodnight Ya'll!

No comments: