Wednesday, January 04, 2006

of procrastination and cleaning...

Well, I really like one and really hate the other. Can we guess which is which? *sigh* Sometimes I just wish I was a naturally clean person. I figure it would make my life up to 30% easier. But that's just not who I am. In fact, being clean and tidy actually stress me out in the long run. I don't know what's so darn hard about putting things away when your done with them, doing the dishes after dinner, or even putting clothes in the laundry hamper. But the ability to do these things on a daily basis just seems to elude me. So that's why I find myself doing "cleaning marathons" every time I want to invite people to my house. I don't know how my house managed to get so cluttered in such a short time (I recently did a major overhaul on the house due to weekend guests at the end of last month, but once again, my house is unpresentable.) I really am hopeless when it comes to housekeeping.

So if you've read the previous posts, you know why I am talking about this. Tomorrow I will have roughly 10 Japanese people over at my house to eat some homecooked American food (chicken strips and gravy, mashed potatoes and broccoli), so I spent today doing shopping, procrastinating and eventually cleaning. I will eventually give up for the night, then spend tomorrow finishing cleaning, cooking and then last minute shoving everything into my bedroom to hide it. *sigh* I'm hopeless. Oh well, I guess it's good for people to see what kind of person I really am. It's sad but true. I need to get my life in order.

Some times I think my life is reflected in my house. If I had discipline, I would put God first and everything would fall into place. Because I can see how much work I still need to do, I know I need to focus so much more on God. But darn, it's so easy to get distracted and procrastinate. I suppose I'll have to fight procrastination my whole life. Somehow that's not a comforting thought. Good news is, God promised to never leave me to face it alone, and He will always be there to pick me up when I fall. It's good to have a God like that backing me up.

So now, in the midst of my sin, I still put my complete trust in God. He will ensure everyone gets fed (and hopefully full and not sick) and will help me get everything done. He's awesome that way. And if it doesn't happen the way I envision it (not that I really have a vision here), He will work His will through my mistakes anyway. It's kinda nice to know no matter how much I screw things up, God can always fix it.

In other thoughts, I had a nice day listening to Klove pretty much all day. I really feel ministered to when I listen to Klove. Thanks Klove. :-)

No comments: