Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Shibuya


Shibuya is a section of Tokyo known for it's crowded sidewalks and is a popular hang out for young people. You get lots of interesting fashion in Shibuya. For example, this girl here. That's something American girls would wear to a costume party. But girls here wear it out. I'm getting used to seeing dresses like this.
Here are some random buildings from the same area.

As for my life recently...

Well, Saturday I went to the other side of Tokyo (imagine how long it takes to cross Houston or Dallas) to help get the new house ready for the new missionaries. (They are actually going to arrive today.)

It was nice because everyone in Tokyo came to help out, but it was a lot of work. And I certainly didn't work as hard as some of the other people! I was so tired at the end of it. (which is where the Tired, oh so Tired post came from)

I'm excied by the new missionaries of course, but this year is a bitter sweet year. This year one of those girls will replace me as a teacher. That's kinda a hard thing for me right now. I really love my job, and I wish that I could work here longer. But I have to trust that God is leading me somewhere else. It's hard to think about saying goodbye though.

In other news... It's raining. I'll bet you're surprised right? I mean rain is so rare in Japan! It's heavy rain too. *sigh* I wonder what I'll do about food today...

Speaking of food... Another interesting fact... People here usually go grocery shopping every day. They buy the food for that day and then cook it. That was a big transition for me. I still don't do it every day. But if you keep fresh food too long it goes bad really fast because of the humidity. So they shop everyday. I don't cook so much because I live alone and it's really annoying to cook for one person. But I also don't keep so much food in my house. So on a day like today, when I definately don't want to walk to get my food, I'm left with few choices. It rained yesterday too...

Yeah, I really don't like the rain...
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: